Archives

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summers coming

Summer is here and you can tell by how warm it is inside. (true story)
I'm taking a class in Sound and Leveldesign in Unreal Development kit, and doing some school stuff that I've overlooked and/or postponed. Not really had much time to enjoy those UV rays yet, but I will in time.

On a gaming related note I've been playing the Witcher 2, it's pretty much what I wanted from Dragon Age in terms of characters, world and the whole 'dark fantasy' term that gets thrown around too much these days.

I've also been playing Dragon age II, which must have some of the worst dialouge in a Bioware game, period. Also playing as or having a mage with you makes no sence lore wise. the city's crawling with templars who are blind to my party of fireball tossing, lighting cracking party of three mages xD
Still, fighting wise it's one of the few games I've enjoyed playing as a mage, simply because of the sheer power in the (DnD cloned) spells. Bioware should have done so much more with their world, right now they have a pretty basic high fantasy world with some touches, but these touches rarely make it into the games. Magic is under very strict control and apostates are hunted down left and right, but the player beeing a Blood mage goes totally unnoticed no matter how careless you are, etc.

I seem to have ranted on for longer than intended so I'm just going to stop there. If you want Dark fantasy, play Demons souls and/or the The Witcher 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment