Archives

Friday, May 27, 2011

season 1 finished

Just finished with this school year, it ended with a four week project. with an utterly retarded theme. I'm not joking, I was like "whaaaat?" when they said it. The theme was something along the lines of "ship O'hoy".
so we basically made a platformer about a sailor running from sharks (and getting attacked by pretty much everything maritine). And then time became a different thing, 4 weeks became one year, and then 7 days, and then it was over.
Our game doesn't have half of the graphics I did, and it is super bug riddled. But for some unexplainable reason people seemed to like it. Most likely because it was super hard and noone could finish it (whitout cheating!)

On top of that project I moved to Karlshamn, rather stressful doing both at the same time but it worked out well in the end.

Also, the Tv series of A song of ice and fire, Game of thrones is rocking some major socks, and is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Boromir is such a badass, and the rest of the cast is amazing too.

Recently when I scrolled through Steams list of games, I discovered a game called Terraria. to my absolute horror I saw that it was pretty much exactly the same idea I had and that we planned to work on this summer. Bummer.

When I got some order and structure in my new apartment I will try out The Witcher 2, heard it was pretty buggy though, but fuck me that game looks great (gameplay AND graphics!)
Right now though I'm having another go at Dwarf Fortress, might write something about the that later.

Gamejam (a contest) starts on Monday, we got 26 hours to make a game! should be sweet.
Until the next update, CHILLA FÖR FAN!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment