Archives

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Zombies, fevers and Dwarves

Just finished another two week project. This time working with my buddy Bob again (he's awesome to work with). Unfortunately I was feeling under the weather for almost the entire project, on and off, until the last day were I finally succumbed to fever and a cold.

Anyways, the game we're making is a mix between managment games (like; Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital, Startopia etc) mixed in with tower defense.
You run an office, but the workers are zombies, these zombies work for you as long as you keep them happy enough. If they get to stressed up they rage and will begin to shuffle towards your door, breaking it down if you don't stop them!
To stop them from raging in the first place you make them take breaks from work to chillax at arcades, drink soda or go the office lounge. (you build recreational stuff for them).
Also you need to build defensive structures to keep any raging zombies from eating your brains!

So far the game is in an early stage, the groundworks for the management part is up and running, as we have time we will continue to shape this game into a pearl!
check out the 'homepage' HERE!
There we will post news and updates about the game, as well as a playable beta eventually.

On my spare time we've (me,bob,casper and victor) been playing alot of Neverwinter Nights 2.
Playing through the campaign. it's been great fun, but kind of hard. Casper later found out that the xp isn't being properly distributed or something so we've been a bit under leveled.
Nothing bringing up the console menu can't fix though!
I play as a human wizard, a class I normally never play in fantasy games. But it's great fun to cast massive fireballs and other overpowered spells. Gotta love area of attack spells!

I've also gotten sucked back into Dwarf Fortress, with a new release of it just around the corner (feels like Christmas!). My new fort does not have any goblin neighbours for a change. But alot of Titans have been appearing instead. One of them was a glob of fire, I thought I was done for sure when it apporached, setting fire to half the mountainside as it sped toward my fortress. But a small lake became its undoing as it went straight into it, vaporizing the water in mere seconds, which scared the heck out of me! But as the mist cleared I found out that the Glob couldn't get out of the hole that was once a lake.
I tried to place some of my marksdwarves near the former lake's edge, to see if they could shoot down at it, but they seemed unhappy to obliege my wishes.
It's still there I think.

Any dwarf in my fortress that kills off a Titan I have proceeded to dub Titan Slayer as their profession name. I'm up to two Titan Slayers so far. Bring it on!
Other titans I've had the displeasure to meet so far include

A scaled humanoid wolf, it could spit fire. (game crashed after it's death so no kill there)
A steam termite with wings, killed by a heroic militiadwarf.
A giant bird with three eyes and a poisonous bite, killed by another militiadwarf after it tore through 3 stone doors and bypassed all the traps.
A giant Antlion larva spewing web, it was detected in my underground cavern, but couldn't reach the fortress, nor could the dwarves get down to it, had I wanted to create some fun. It later dissapeard off map.

As will I now, the bed looks awfully inviting today.
Mike signing off! bai! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment