Archives

Friday, March 18, 2011

Nobunaga's Ambition

Good friend Joko came into town recently, doing his internship as a physiotherapist (medical gymnast)...Physio the... what now? :0
It's really awesome to hang out with him again, as I don't get to see him too often, as he normally resides in Stockholm.

We(as in me, joko and my ex, Maja) went to see the movie Adjustment Bureau.
That movie was probably one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.
it wasn't immersive, it had a convoluted and downright stupid plot, a very unbelievable and forced romance and had Matt Damon bouncing his moobs, now if that doesn't scar you for life nothing will.

On a brighter note Joko and I started watching The Pillars of the Earth. Which is a really grim and epic series consisting of 4 long episodes.
It's ripe with corruption, plotting, murder and other lovely stuff. Oh, and they're trying to build a cathedral as well.

Finally finished the current school project, making a game in Flash all by my lonesome.
Well not so much by myself as over 80% of the code was either written by Vic and the teachers or one of them telling me what to write. Now that's what you get when you expect a Graphical artist to code.
I still have some tweaks and stuff to do to make the game 'fun', so it might take a decade or two before I upload it to my homepage (mikepic.se).

Just finished a campaign of Shogun 2 with Victor, it was epic...then we decied to conquer every single province and keep them....
we did it after around 48 hours D:
near the end my son and heir, my beloved Oda Nobunaga betrayed me! even though I held like 63% of Japan (and Victor held pretty much the rest of it). And to make things worse, 3 Christian rebel armies decided to rise against me. They didn't anger me a bit compared to the ragefest me and Vic had over the betrayal. Nobunaga's youngest brother got the honour of bringing him down. Great Honour recieved!
And then I married off his wife to my favourite general, just for kicks.

Apart from the bugfest and sometimes inconsistent AI, the game is freaking great.
the addition of coop and the fleshed out multiplayer is nice, though easily the buggiest part of the game too. Overall it's one of the better Total war games to date.
Now go make the next Rome: Total war! (and switch back the order of the name, it's just more badass that way).

And with that. this update is over. Have a cool time kids! and with that I mean if you betray me I will FUCKING END YOU!

lots of love
//MajQ

No comments:

Post a Comment