Archives

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Dragon Reborn

I began this week with being sick, fun!
At least it gave me time to play Skyrim feverishly, and with a fever to boot.
I easily sank over 45 hours into the game the first week, the game is a fantastic step up from Oblivion, and almost as jaw dropping as I remember Morrowind was the first time.
I've had to restart my characters twice though. once on account of not liking my character, and the next time two main quests glitched out. Apart from that this one of the best games of 2011.
and I haven't even checked out the modding community yet.

Gonna start a new 2 week project at school again, this time working with Bob, our new buddy-budd'
I will be using Maya mostly and some programs to support it, like mudbox, and the game will be using the Unreal Engine (UDK). Unlike most project we haven't the faintest clue on what we will do, so we will kinda wing it and come up with something on Monday. Normally the designers already have a prototype and a story etc made beforehand, but this time they've been learning level design. S' gonna be nice to get into the project 'from the start' so to speak, even if I fear it might give us much less time for hands on pracical work.
It will be doubly hectic for me because Victor 2 and I haven't finished the previous project just yet. At least I won't have time to think of much else! ...Oh, Fiddlesticks! D:

Me, my parents and my lil' bro drove to Norrköping and visited Grandpa and Grandma over the weekend. As always it was super nice and fun, but also tiring. Their dog is so undisciplined and thinks he's in charge, which does not work with me at all. I had to run him down my bed like every 20 minutes. Flipping spoiled poodle!

Apart from that I had a good time, lots of fika, coffee and good food.
I also brought with me the first volume of The Wheel of time, Eye of the world. Which I intended to read on the train to and from my parents, and in the car to my grandparents. I ended up reading it at my grandparents as well. Rather that than watching skiing on TV.
I read almost 300 pages though, but noone seemed to mind terribly that I had my nose in a book for a good few hours.
On the train home after, from my parents, I almost missed my stop in Carlshamn because of the book though! I can in other words highly recommend The Wheel of Time. I've read all the books released so far except the last two. the later books drag on a bit too much, but the first half of the series is still some of the best I've read.

And with that, have a good time in the frozen hostile wasteland that is Canad...Skyrim!

No comments:

Post a Comment